ECE PhD Student
Carnegie Mellon University
Silicon Valley Campus
Yuan Tian is a PhD student at Carnegie Mellon University's Silicon Valley Campus, majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Her research focuses on mobile security, primarily on design and measurement about the security of the Smartphone system. Her general interests include applied cryptography, network security and pervasive computing. Before she joined the group, she received MS degree in Computer Science from the Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications as a member of the Information Security Center and BS degree in Communication Engineering from the Zhengzhou University.
- Lujo Bauer, Shaoying Cai, Limin Jia, Timothy Passaro, Michael Stroucken and Yuan Tian, "Run-time Monitoring and Formal Analysis of Information Flows in Chromium", to appear in Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS), Feb 2015.
- Lujo Bauer, Shaoying Cai, Limin Jia, Timothy Passaro and Yuan Tian, "Analyzing the dangers posed by Chrome extensions", to appear in IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS), Oct 2014.
- Eric Chen, Yutong Pei, Shuo Chen, Yuan Tian, Robert Kotcher, and Patrick Tague, "OAuth Demystified for Mobile Application Developers", ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Nov 2014. [pdf,bib]
- Yu Seung Kim, Yuan Tian, Le Nguyen, and Patrick Tague, "LAPWiN: Location-Aided Probing for Protecting User Privacy in Wi-Fi Networks", IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS), Oct 2014. [pdf,bib]
- Su Mon Kywe, Christopher Landis, Yutong Pei, Justin Satterfield, Yuan Tian, and Patrick Tague, "PrivateDroid: Private Browsing Mode for Android", IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), Sept 2014. [pdf,bib]
- Yuan Tian, Ying-Chuan Liu, Amar Bhosale, Lin-Shung Huang, Patrick Tague, and Collin Jackson, "All Your Screens Are Belong to Us: Attacks Exploiting the HTML5 Screen Sharing API", 35th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland), May 2014. [pdf,bib]
- Arjun Athreya, Xiao Wang, Yu Seung Kim, Yuan Tian, and Patrick Tague, "Resistance is Not Futile: Detecting DDoS Attacks without Packet Inspection", International Workshop on Information Security Applications (WISA), Aug 2013. [pdf,bib]
- Le Nguyen, Yuan Tian, Sungho Cho, Wookjong Kwak, Sanjay Parab, Yu Seung Kim, Patrick Tague, and Joy Zhang, "UnLocIn: Unauthorized Location Inference on Smartphones without Being Caught", International Conference on Security and Privacy in Mobile Information and Communication Systems (PRISMS), June 2013. [pdf,bib]