Yu Seung Kim
ECE PhD Student (post-qual)
Carnegie Mellon University
Silicon Valley Campus
Yu Seung Kim is a PhD student in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University's Silicon Valley Campus. His research interest is in the analysis of possible threats in wireless network and the design of novel countermeasures. Currently, his works are related to cross-layer jamming attack and security in wireless mesh network. Before he joined the group, he received BS and MS degrees in Computer Science and Engineering from Korea University as a member of the Computer and Communication Security Lab. His master's thesis was titled "Carving Secure Wi-Fi Zones with Defensive Jamming". He also has worked as a senior system software engineer in Telecommunication Network Business, Samsung Electronics.
- Yu Seung Kim, Bruce DeBruhl, and Patrick Tague, "Stochastic Optimization of Flow-Jamming Attacks in Multichannel Wireless Networks", to appear in IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), June 2013. [bib]
- Bruce DeBruhl, Yu Seung Kim, Zachary Weinberg, and Patrick Tague, "STIR-ing the Wireless Medium with Self-Tuned, Inference-Based, Real-Time Jamming", 9th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), Oct 2012. [pdf,bib]
- Yu Seung Kim, Frank Mokaya, Eric Chen, and Patrick Tague, "All Your Jammers Belong to Us - Localization of Wireless Sensors Under Jamming Attack", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), June 2012. [pdf,bib]
- Yu Seung Kim, Patrick Tague, Heejo Lee, and Hyogon Kim, "Carving Secure Wi-Fi Zones with Defensive Jamming", 7th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer, and Communications Security (AsiaCCS), May 2012. [pdf,bib]
- Yu Seung Kim and Heejo Lee, "On Classifying and Evaluating the Effect of Jamming Attacks", The 24th edition of the International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN), January 27-29, 2010.
Posters & Demos
- Bruce DeBruhl, Yu Seung Kim, and Patrick Tague, "A Toolbox to Explore the Interaction of Adaptive Jamming and Anti-Jamming", 31st IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), March 2012. (demo) [pdf, bib]
- Yu Seung Kim and Patrick Tague, "Jamming-resistant Distributed Path Selection on Wireless Mesh Networks", 31st IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), March 2012. (demo) [pdf, bib]